Thursday 30 July 2015

To have and to hold

Traditionally there are always more weddings in the summer months than during the winter ones. Having just made a card for a Ruby Anniversary I found myself reaching for the same digi set to make a wedding card.

Materials used:SAM_1822(watermarked)
Deedee's Digi Stamps sets - Two Hearts and
Framed Comfort
Britannia rose dies and leaf die
heart shaped dies
shimmer white paper
Copic pens
white printer card
centura pearl card
white A5 card blank
memento rose bud ink pad
silver pen
spray and shine
clear wink of stella


Method:
I printed out the frame from the Framed Comfort set with the words from the Two Hearts set and the names of the couple and the date in the middle. I cut around the outside of the frame to make the topper. Using the silver pen I traced over the design of the frame and then went over the top with the Wink of Stella pen. I cut a piece of centura pearl card slightly smaller than my card blank and embossed some heart shapes on it using the heart dies. I then blended the memento rose bud ink over the card. It left a very subtle watermark effect which does not really show up very clearly in the photo.SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Using the Britannia dies and the shimmer white paper I cut out the rose petals andleaves and coloured them with Copic pens before making up the flowers. When the flowers had set I sprayed them and the leaves with spray and shine.

Finally I attached the topper to the card blank and arranged the flowers and leaves along the bottom edge of the frame.

This is the first card commission I have had for a while and I am happy to report that my customer was very pleased. She had given me a good idea of what she wanted so I guess I was following a recipe for it.

Thank you for dropping by. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into:
Simon Says Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #30: Anything Goes
ATSM Challenge #155 - Photo (flowers; colours white and pink)
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #194 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly
DSC #140 - Anything Goes!

PS This will be the last post for a while as I am off on my summer holidays. Hoping that the weather warms up a bit and the sun comes back for good!

6 comments:

  1. Pippa, this is truly a beauty with the soft hues and pretty petals. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, on our 194th challenge.
    Blessings and Hugs, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the colours and cluster of flowersThanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge.
    Hugs!
    Gayatri

    ReplyDelete
  3. A v pretty wedding card, I'm sure the happy couple will love it.
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card- very sweet and simple. Adore the flowers and their placement on the oval. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the flowers adorning your oval, so pretty. I saw the lady demonstrating Britannia Dies at a show, it's amazing what you can create with them.
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pippa, finally got a chance to do a little visit catchup. I love this DeeDee's digi, perfect for your occasion. What really made it so special, though, was adding your beautiful tiny roses & leaves along the edges of the oval. Good idea to outline with the silver as well. Well done! TFS & Hope you're having a good weekend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete