Sunday 12 July 2015

Deedee's Digi's to the rescue again!

After four years our wonderful church youth worker is moving on to pastures new. I was commissioned to make a card for everyone to sign to thank her and wish her well in her next position. After a complete blank on what to do I eventually had a brainwave! One of the youth groups is called Gazebo Grapes and Deedee had just the set I needed. By now there was not enough time to colour in the image so I used the already coloured in version.

SAM_1783(watermarked)

Materials used:
Deedee's Digi Set - Fruit of the vine
printing paper and card
15cm x 15cm white card blank
yellow card
Adirondack ink pad - Lemonade
Distressing tool
glossy accents


Method:
I made up my base design with the green grapes image and sized it to fit my card blank. I also added some red grape images the same size in the spare area of my sheet then printed it out. I trimmed the main image down, distressed around the edges almost into the middle with the lemonade ink and matted it onto the yellow card before attaching to the card base. I covered the grapes with glossy accents and left it to dry. I fussy cut the red grape images and when the base image was dry attached the red grapes between the green grapes using 3d glue gel. When the glue was set I put glossy accents on the red grapes. This time I did it in stages to try to get the individual grapes to stand out more. (I am not sure why but at this point some of my grapes went white!)

I made an insert for the card using a graphics programme to made a backing paper with the green and red grape images on it. (I forgot to photograph the inside before it went off to the church to be signed.)

Whenever I see that verse from John 15 I want to sing 'I am the vine, you are the branches', I love that hymn/song in all it's different renditions. This one is a particularly tuneful one if you are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF4J7CCximo

I did say that I was hoping to get some quality time in my craft room this weekend and I have managed to finish a couple of projects so will be sharing them during the coming week. Thank you for stopping by. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into:
Word Art Wednesday - #191 Anything Goes
Your Scrapbook Place - July: Anything Goes
Outlawz Greeting Card Challenge - Inspired by a movie or song.
Digitally Sweet Challenges - 140: Anything goes
Not Just Cards Challenge - Anything Goes
Ants in my pantry digital challenge 7 - Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful use of that precolored DeeDee's. Aren't these digis just great for this kind of thing when you need something fast, that looks good. Love the way you've done the wreath with the grapes, and how perfect for the occasion that you needed it for. I'm always amazed at the digital skills you and some others employ to get the most from these cute images. I just resize and print and sometimes add a bit of shading. What you've done is so impressive. Hope you've had a super wkend. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet this week for our "July Anything Goes" Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pippa, Thanks for your visit. Watch the blog, cuz I did do a gold embossing. Not tried black yet...was looking for colors that would go nicely with the brusho backgrounds. I like the embossing, but confess so far, I'm liking the watercolor marker one best. (Guess that's 'cause I'm more into copic coloring, and I felt the w/c had a bit of shading..whereas the embossing obliterates any markings. But it's a great stamping rubber stamp!) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful, Pippa. I too love to use DeeDee's Digis for just that reason. There are so many ways to use each sheet from her. Thanks for joining us at Your Scrapbook Place this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful designing and ideas, Pippa. I too love that hymn! Thanks for playing with us at Your Scrapbook Place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Not Just Cards. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous....I see a lot of love and time went into this with all the fussy cutting and glossy accents! Thank you for sharing and joining us at the Ants in the Pantry Digital Challenge #7 at Doodle Pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card with such a compelling Scripture. Great job! We are blessed that you joined our Challenge last week at Word Art Wednesday. There's still time to link your project for this week's Challenge before we begin a new one in a couple of days. Hope you come back! Leaving you with the inspiration of God's Word in 1 Thessalonians 5:9-10 to remind us of this, "For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him." Have a wonderful week!

    Hugs always,
    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete