Thursday 16 July 2015

Catch the Bug #3

I've just got time to post this before heading off to school (last day tomorrow - yeah!) The theme for day three is a colour palette. I am hoping that I have seen the right colours because computer screens all show colours slightly differently. I decided to go with turquoise and lime green.

Materials used:SAM_1800(watermarked)
Bugaboo stamp - Fairy Christmas
Spellbinders Heirloom Ornament clear stamp set: sentiment and holly sprig
white A5 card blank
green card
blue card
Copic pens
Poychromo pencils
Gold metallic promarker
Red liquid pearls
Black archival ink pad
Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
Glamour Dust


Method:
I printed out my image and coloured it with Copics before trimming to size. I then matted and layered it onto the green and blue card before attaching to the card blank. I stamped my sentiment and the holly sprigs at the bottom of the card and coloured it in with the pencils. Finally I added some Glamour Dust to her hat and liquid pearls for the holly berries.

I am enjoying the challenge of getting a whole week of cards done, it's a pity work is getting in the way. Next week would have been much better for me because I shall be on holiday. Also I tend to make religious Christmas cards so the images I have used so far are very different from my usual ones.

Thanks for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa


I would like to enter my card into:
Catch the Bug CIJ Monday - Colour Challenge
Beccy's Place - Christmas in July

1 comment:

  1. Great card Pippa, I love the image! I was surprised to see how well the lime green and turquoise worked together... not really a colour combo I imagine, but they look fabulous. I love the simple sentiment you used and the lovely holly sprays either side. Well done!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete