Saturday 25 July 2015

Mmmm Cherries

While my youngest daughter was at university and had long summer breaks she got a job at a local cherry farm. I may be biased but Somerset cherries are the best cherries ever and those from Whitehouse Farm are the best of the best! That leads me into my card for this post, my entry for the Imagine That Design of the Month Challenge with July's image featuring lots of cherries.

Materials used:SAM_1816(watermarked)
Imagine That Digi of the Month - Treat Stand
Bugaboo Stamps - Make It Snappy Blank
White blending card
Copic pens
designer papers Papermania - Happy Days
A5 white card blank


Method:
I made the blank frame the size I wanted and added the cake stand and sentiment to it. Having printed it out I used the copics to colour it in. I drew in the tablecloth with a black pen. The frame border I coloured in to match, as closely as a could, the backgroundSAM_1817(watermarked) colour of the cherry designer paper. I cut out my image and matted and layered it onto the designer papers before attaching it to my card blank.

I used a coloured image from the set to make the paper for the card insert.

After a day of non-stop rain yesterday I am happy to say that today there is blue in the sky and the sun has made an appearance. Hopefully summer has returned to stay a while.

Thanks for visiting. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into:
Imagine That July Digi of the Month Challenge - Treat Stand
Brown Sugar Challenge Blog #156 - Anything goes

6 comments:

  1. I like how you added your "table cloth". Cute card so had to stop by and say hi!
    Kathy D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week for our "Anything Goes" challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy card!!! Cute! Thanks so much for participating in our IMAGINE THAT! monthly challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a delicious way to use that cute DeeDee's Digi. The cherry dp works great with this fun image, and it is one great card. How lovely that it invokes some precious memories for you at the same time. TFS & Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card... gorgeous!!!
    Thanks for sharing it with us over at Brown sugar challenge!
    Anna Dt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your yummy card...Thanks for joining Brown Sugar Challenge!

    ReplyDelete