Friday 24 July 2015

Outlawz Progressive Challenge

Card makers are often heard to say that making cards for the men and boys is tricky. Most of the images trending at the moment are very feminine characters with the big eyes - not to everyone's taste and especially not suitable for the males of the world! So when this month's Outlawz Progressive Challenge freebie arrived it made a refreshing change.

SAM_1813(watermarked)

Materials used:
Freebie from Outlawz Progressive Challenge - Farmer Fred (I think)
white stamping card
Happy Birthday acrylic stamp
black archival ink pad
core'dinations card stock
designer papers - Papermania: Happy Days
circle die
Adirondack ink pads: stonewashed, meadow
blending brushes
Copic pens


Method:
I printed out the image and coloured it with the pens. I used the Adirondack inks and blending brushes to put in the sky and grass background, then trimmed the image down to the size I wanted and matted it onto some mustard yellow core'dinations card. I stamped out the Happy Birthday sentiment with black ink and cut out the two semi-circles in the middle before attaching to a snippet of the yellow card and cutting with a circle die. I covered the front of a white A5 card blank with two of the designer papers and attached my topper with 3d foam pads. Finally I stuck the greeting onto the card.

The weather here has turned dramatically from the sunshine we have been enjoying for some days now to torrential rain. Although the garden desperately needs water and the pond even more so I do wish it would confine itself to overnight rain! It is so dark that we are having to put lights on - in July! On the other hand the weather does mean that we will not be going anywhere so more time to sort out my craft room between warming cups of tea!

Thanks for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into:
The Outlawz Challenges - Progressive Freebie
Week 29 -Crafting Challenge at Polkadoodles - 2 or more Patterned Papers
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything goes

1 comment:

  1. A fantastic boy card and that image is awesome with great coloring Pippa. I love it! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door recently and I hope to see you again in our new challenge. Have a nice day :)
    Fondly,
    Asmah
    TTCRD DT
    Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete