Thursday 23 July 2015

Taking it easy

There is a strange mix in the themes of recent challenges with Christmas in July sitting happily beside summer fun. The progressive freebie image from From the Heart is of Birdbrain relaxing in a swimming ring with something nice to drink.

Materials used:
Inner Tube BirdbrainSAM_1810(watermarked)
Fancy labels die set
Copic pens
A5 white card blank
dark red and green card
X-press it blending card
black peel off greeting


Method:
I printed out the image and coloured it with the pens then matted and layered it onto red and green card die cut with the labels die. I attached my topper to the card base and added the peel off greeting.

I am trying to finish all the progressive challenges for this month in the next few days before we go off on holiday for a couple of weeks. At the same time I am attempting to sort out and down size my craft room in the on going preparations for when my husband retires next year and we have to vacate the spacious vicarage and return to our little cottage. Being ruthless and getting rid of things that have not been used for ages is quite hard but very therapeutic. Earlier in the year I took a box of crafting items to a craft retreat and managed to pass a lot on to loving homes and raise some money for the British Heart Foundation at the same time. The intention is to repeat the process next year so the gathering together is going to be an on going process.

Thanks for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into:
From the Heart Progressive Challenge - July

2 comments:

  1. FUN summer Card, Pippa and great take with layering the die cuts.

    Thanks for joining our FREE Stamp of the Month July Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your coloring - great job! And the dies you used are awesome as well!

    Thanks for joining us at From The Heart Stamps for our SOTM challenge!

    ReplyDelete