Sunday 16 August 2015

Home Again

Despite the usual British Summertime weather we had a good few days away up in the borders. We managed to get some walking done, very gentle walking, and a trip to the Farne Islands meant I saw my first puffins in the wild! I would post a photo but I left my camera at a friends house in Nottingham and am waiting for it to travel back to me.

The disadvantage of being away is that all the crafting has been on hold so a stack of challenges are waiting to be taken up. Looking down the list I have managed to combine some of them which is always a help. I decided, since it is summertime, to start with a Christmas/winter make!

Materials used:DSCF9007(watermarked)
From the Heart Stamps: Candy Cane for Snowman (DOM)
Bearly Mine backing papers (sadly no longer in business)
scalloped square die
circle dies
Copic pens
white fun flock
blending card (Neenah)
white printer paper


Method:
I printed out the snowman image and coloured him with the Copics. I then cut out the snowman and the robin separately and fun flocked the white fur trim on the snowman's hat and scarf. I printed out a sheet of backing paper onto card and cut out a circle with the die before attaching the snowman and robin on using gel glue.

I printed out some more sheets of backing paper in two different designs and a lot of squares from them with the die. I made each square into a cone and then glued them onto a white circle cut from spare card, arranging them in two rows. I used another circle glued to the back to attached a ribbon loop and glued my image to the front to finish the decorative wreath.

I organise and run a Christmas wrapped up stall at our church Christmas Fair each year and two years ago I made loads of these wreaths which sold very well. I did not get around to doing any last year but instead made gift bags and boxes, so I think I will have to make the effort to get some done this year. There is a lot of cutting and gluing to do but once the squares are cut I can at least glue the cones up while watching the TV!

Thanks for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my make into:
From the Heart DOM Challenge - August
Digi Galore Challenge - Anything but a card
Your Scrapbook Place - Anything goes
Little Claire's Challenge - Christmas in August
Not Just Cards- Anything Goes

Inspiration Destination #46 - Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps #157 - Make Your Mark
Through the Craftroom Door - Anything Goes

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely festive project Pippa. Glad you had a lovely break.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ornament, Pippa !! The background paper fits great with Snowman and birdie.

    Thanks for joining our FREE Stamp of the Month August Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love The ornament:) a great background and so perfect Colours;)) Amazing project
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Cicci :-))
    TTCRD DT
    Cards and Creativity {My personal Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning. The coloring is beautiful, and I adore how you've done the cones. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge.
    Sara
    TTCRD DT
    FP3 {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this project is lovely. I really love the look and the image. Great work. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful card! I lve your colouring and a great card design! Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! Very unique use of Digi. Thank you for joining us at Digi Galore.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! This is so unique and BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for entering our Stamp of the Month challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great card - love the shape you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at Little Claire

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete