Monday 31 August 2015

Deedee's September DOM

It's that time again, the start of the new challenge at Deedee's Digis. This time Deedee has come up with a cute autumn elephant.

Materials used:SAM_1992(watermarked)
Deedee's Digi DOM - Leaf Your Cares Behind
white A5 card blank
blending card
light brown and dark brown card
leaf punches
Brushos in autumnal colours
watercolour card
Spray and Shine
Copic pens


Method:
I printed out the image three times along with the sentiment, one of the images I printed onto watercolour paper. I coloured two elephants using copics and cut them out. The base image I coloured with Brushos and then sprayed with Spray and Shine before cutting it out. I punched some leaves from the left over bits of brusho coloured paper. I attached one complete elephant image over the one on the base image and just the head from the final image on top to give a 3d effect. I matted and layered my topper and sentiment onto the two shades of brown card then attached them to the card front. Finally I added my punched out leaves.

I am ashamed to say it has been ages since I last had a play with the brushos but I am glad I did! It is amazing how many different colour appear when the crystals are sprayed with water, artistic alchemy!

Thank you for dropping by. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #16 - Anything Goes
One Stitch at a Time #244 - Anything Goes With 4 Legged Friends
That Craft Place - Mixed Media Anything Goes
We Love 2 Create Craft Challenge #18 Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes

3 comments:

  1. Such a artistic card I'm wowed by it. Thank you for taking the time and sharing your creativity with us at OSAAT this fortnight, I hope you have enjoyed playing along as much as we have enjoyed seeing your talent. Love 'n' hugs Sall OSAAT DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pippa this is a beautiful project with wonderful attention to detail and perfect for our 16th ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is gorgeous love your attention to detail its fab bless you for playing at That craft place this week hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete