Sunday 23 August 2015

I found a rose in the snippets box!

I am off on my travels again tomorrow so have just got time to post a quick card I made up yesterday. If you are anything like me you have probably got a stash of images stamped/printed out, some waiting to be coloured and some already coloured. I was having a sort out for some images to take away to do and discovered in my snippets box an already coloured one, as it fitted with a couple of challenges I thought I would make it up.

Materials used:SAM_2000(watermarked)
Aurora Wings - Rose Corner #2
acrylic small words stamps
tuxedo black memento ink pad
Docrafts Vintage Notes Dies - Doily
circle die set
Tonic embossing folder - Amelia
red gloss coated tissue paper
silver fibre fabric (it was my place mat at a wedding a few years back)
silver mirri card
Copic pens
stamping card
15cm square white card blank


Method:
I took my already coloured image  and die cut it with a circle die and stamped the sentiment onto it. I also die cut a slightly bigger circle from the silver fibre fabric (actually the die didn't cut it but it did leave a line to follow with scissors) and a doily from the red tissue. I used the embossing folder to emboss a sheet of silver mirri card.

I ran a red Copic pen around the edges of the front of my card blank then covered it with a piece of the embossed silver card slightly smaller to leave a red border. I then attached the doily, silver fibre fabric and image to the card front.

Apart from using up a snippet I also had a bit of fun experimenting with different textures, not my usual style at all, but I think it worked.

Thanks for visiting. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into:
Allsorts Challenge Week 325 - Roses
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 191
Not just cards #23 - Anything goes
Stamping Sensations - Anything goes/Stamp and die
Your Scrapbook Place - Anything goes
Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog
Creative Fingers Challenge #90
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes/optional twist: Girls night out
Papertake Weekly Challenge - To die for

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Pippa! Thanks for stopping by our 613 Avenue Create neighborhood! I too have a box of images colored and not. I color when I bring my son to the indoor playground! This is a gorgeous rose and beautifully colored! I like the textures I think they work. Hope you like our neighborhood and come back to play often! :)

    Hugs,
    Kathi, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely rose image, enhanced by the pretty gleaming silver and hot pink colors. Love that embossing on the silver mat, and how many times have I had the same problem with dies? I'll have to say, I'm having better success using the Sizzix precision plate, especially with the intricate doilies. Very pretty, Pippa. Enjoy your time away. Hope that the weather is just perfect for you. TFS & Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rose image looks lovely. It's a very pretty card. The red doiley looks lovely. Hope you enjoy your trip away. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautifully designed card and lovely colours Pippa.

    Many thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week and also Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Pippa and what gorgeous colours too! I linked you up yesterday but only got time to do some commenting today. Enjoy your trip!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning. I love this image and your coloring. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Your Scrapbook Place Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVELY! Very fancy die cutting too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so eye catching and gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card, thanks for joining us at Not Just Cards, your welcome to add as many projects as you wish, just have fun! Lori xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, I love the embossing and the gorgeous image. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes August Challenge and Good Luck! xx

    ReplyDelete