Wednesday 19 August 2015

Sunshine on a cloudy day

The clouds have covered the sky in a pale grey bleakness and the temperature has dramatically dropped from the last couple of days. So what better day to share my make using the latest image from the Imagine That DOM Progressive Freebie Challenge. Remember that if you enter this month you automatically get the image for the next month for free.

Materials used:DSCF9004(watermarked)
Imagine that DOM - Beach Blanket Girl
printing card
exploding box die set
snippet of brown paper string
white card


Method:
Using the die (I'm all for avoiding measuring and cutting when a die does it all for you!) I cut out the parts I needed to construct my box from white card. I then printed out the images and background papers I needed to decorate the box with and cut them out. I stuck the papers and sentiments to the box before gluing it together.

DSCF9005(watermarked)Finally I added the 'pop-up' elements to the inside of the box. The top of the umbrella has two images to give it some depth and the handle is backed by a strip of strong acetate to keep it rigid. The girl and her beach bag also have 2 images. All the images have been shaped with an embossing tool on a foam mat.

DSCF9001(watermarked)

The beauty of this box is that it folds flat for posting so I used the paper string to hold it shut.

You will have noticed, I expect, that no pens have been used this time, going away has eaten into my 'spare' time quite a lot and so I opted to use the pre-coloured images this time. I do have someone in mind to send it too, eventually!

One more thing, Imagine That are offering a freebie image for their challenge this time so new people can have a go for free and those who have missed an entry can jump back in for free. There is still time to have a go!

Thank you for stopping by.

Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my box into:
Imagine that DOM Challenge - August
Digi Galore Challenges - Anything but a card
Anything But A Card #50 - Celebration (my take 'Celebrating Summer')
Addicted to Stamps #158 - Holiday
Not Just Cards #23 - Anything Goes

10 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm so happy to see you've created one of these fun li'l surprise boxes!! :) These are so fun to make aren't they? So sweet. Lovely job Pippa :) Thanks so much for joining in our monthly challenge at Imagine That! digis by Kris!! Have a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea and such an endearing main image. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, in our 197th challenge.
    Blessings and Hugs, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant project Pippa. What a lovely idea . . . to send someone a box of sunshine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! thanks for playing Anything but a card challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card box is absolutely adorable! Thanks for playing our Digi of the Month challenge at Imagine that Digi Stamps.
    Barb B, CZT-Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you enjoy progressive challenges, you should try From The Heart Challenge blog's monthly challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun little pop-up box! Thanks for sharing with us a ABAC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is wonderful, love your card. Thanks so much for joining us at Imagine that Progressive Challenge this month.
    Lynne DT Imagine That

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! A really clever idea to use this set with a pop up box card.

    Thanks for joining us this month at Imagine That.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete