Sunday 29 March 2015

Rudolph Day 3 Already!

Can you believe it was the third Rudolph Day on Wednesday. I have attempted a completely different style for this month.
SAM_1512 (watermarked)

Materials used:
Deedee's Digi Stamp Sets - Mary's Joy and Krafty Christmas Kit
page from an old book
poinsettia dies
Neenah Dessert Storm card
Kraft card
printing card
Distress Ink pads - aged mahogany, iced spruce, pine needles
blending tool and blending mat
Spectrum Noir pencils
white flower stamen
gold mirri card


Method:
I sized and printed my base images and extra copies of Mary and printed them onto a piece of Neenah Desert Storm card before cutting the panel to the correct size. I coloured the images with the pencils. From the extra copies I cut Mary's dress and another baby. I shaped the pieces and layered them onto the base image using Gel glue.
SAM_1513 (watermarked)I printed a piece of the dotty paper from the Krafty Christmas set and used this to cut a piece slightly smaller than the card base. I matted my topper onto a piece of gold mirri. I attached the lagers to the card blank. Finally I coloured a couple of pages from an old book with the distress inks and cut the layers for my poinsettia from them. I glued the flower parts together, coloured some stamen with yellow ink and threaded them through a hole in the middle before attaching it to my card.


The flower is a new technique for me but I do like the effect, especially on the Kraft card so I may be using it again in the future.

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Thank you for popping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into:
March Rudolph Day
Outlawz Friday Colouring Challenge - Anything goes/Christmas twist

6 comments:

  1. Really nice card using the words as the main focal image. Love the flowers and the cute image too xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, Pippa. I think the flowers are beautiful. That is a great technique!

    Your 3D image is lovely and looks perfect on this card.

    Thsnks for taking part in theMarch Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pippa . . . lovely Rudolph Day card. Have a great day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sarn. It's my husbands birthday today so I think we are off out this afternoon for a walk if the weather holds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and love the image and the whole aspect of the card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete