Friday 20 March 2015

Easter is coming

Easter tends to be the forgotten Christian festival. We get so caught up in all the paraphernalia associated with celebrating Christmas that Easter creeps up on us and takes us by surprise. It is a pity because Easter is even more important than Christmas. I am just as guilty as anyone. Despite managing to make hundreds of Christmas cards for friends and family, my Easter cards' on the rare occasion I actually make any at all, tend to number in the teens! So you might think I am about to share an Easter card with you - sorry not yet, it's still a work in progress, but I do have a mini gift bag of eggs!

SAM_1480 (watermarked)

Materials used:
Deedee's Digi sets - Spring Chicks and Uneggspected
scalloped circle dies
We R Memorykeepers Gift Bag Punch Board
snippet of acetate
White blending card
printer paper
Promarkers
white narrow ribbon


Method:
I printed out a sheet of spotty paper from the Spring Chicks set and used the punch board to make my bag. Before sticking it together I cut an aperture in the front and a slightly larger piece of acetate to stick behind it forming a transparent window. I printed out several copies of the chicken SAM_148 (watermarked)1image from the Uneggspected set and coloured them in with Promarkers trying to match the colours of the spots on the egg to those on the bag. I used one image for the base cutting it out with a narrow white border around it and used parts from two other images to add dimension before sticking it to the front of the bag. A length of white ribbon for the handles, some shredded green tissue in the bottom and a few little chocolate eggs finished it off.

The snippet of acetate was from the backing sheet to some acrylic stamps that came with a magazine so if I am quick enough I might just make it over to the Snippets Playground this week.

Thank you for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my bag into Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 168

6 comments:

  1. LOVE this wonderful Easter egg bag Pippa! So clever that you coloured the eggs on the image to go with the paper - fine detail but always makes such a difference.

    I linked you fine - in fact, the link you'd added looked OK - but no image selected. Don't fret though as I'm usually pretty nippy at noticing if peeps are having trouble linking.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cor . . . that looks good Pippa . . . you have my address don't you? LOL! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Di,for adding the link and for your kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarn, I don't have your address but if you send it to me I will see what I can do x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Easter bag Pippa, very clever idea to colour the egg so it matches the designer paper.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete