Wednesday 25 March 2015

Outlawz Challenges

This month's free digi image is a cute little elephant and bird. I have made a couple of cards with it using different techniques.

Material's used:
Elephant and Bird image
balloons stamp
white stamping card
purple card
black card
silver mirri card
gold mirri card
white A5 blank card
white 15cm square card blank
snippets of purple patterned paper
Spectrum Noir pens
Versamark ink pad
Glossy Accents


SAM_1499 (watermarked)Method:
I printed out my images and sentiments on the stamping card then used the pens to colour them in. On the second card I used a little pointillism on the elephant. One image I cut into a square and the other I cut out leaving a narrow white border around the image.

For the square card I matted and layered my image onto black, purple and silver card. I folded the card blank to make an easel card before attaching the topper to it. I matted and layered the sentiment for the front onto black and purple and attached to the card. For the stopper I used the second sentiment also matting and layering it match. I covered the inside of the card with purple paper onto which I had randomly stamped balloon using Versamark ink before attaching the stopper with 3d foam pads.SAM_1498 (watermarked)

On the A5 card I used some purple snippets left from making crackers and made a line down the left side of the card. I used glue gel to attached the cut out image onto black card and then matted it onto gold mirri card. I made up the sentiment to match and printed the rest of it onto the insert so that inside it says ... it's your birthday. Finally I added glossy accents to the balloon.

I have a little pot on my desk which contains a lot of purple diamonds which are the 'waste' from making the box of crackers back in December. I thought using them on the front would get rid a a few, especially as they matched the colours I had used. There are still a lot left but it remains to be seen whether I ever get around to using them!

Thank you for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into:
The Outlawz Progressive Freebie Challenge

The Outlawz Friday Coloring Challenge
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 169

10 comments:

  1. Linked you Pippa! Two lovely cards here and such an adorable baby elephant too! I like that you used the little diamond shaped snippets on the second card :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this image, and it's really cute on each card. ODBD is Our Daily Bread Designs...sorry. I should remember that not every reader is familiar with our USA stamp companies. This is a very nice one. It has a lot of Christian motifs & sentiments, and nice dies too. Hope all is well. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are so lovely Pippa. BRILLIANT extra shadow detail on the first one. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these cards are lovely. That is such an adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your kind comment Mary and for the information on ODBD. I can see now why you abbreviated it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I wondered did you use an inkjet printer to print off your digistamps. Do the markers work OK with that?
    Thanks,
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Doreen, I do use an inkjet on the lowest resolution e.g. draft and it works just fine. It is important though to use the right paper for alcohol ink pens or it will bleed through. I use X-Press It which although quite pricey does work really well. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete