Thursday 19 March 2015

Peacock Parade

This month's digi stamp set for the Imagine That Progressive Challenge featured some fine peacocks. The set included pre-coloured images as well as line drawings so I set myself a challenge colouring in a line drawing.

SAM_1466 (watermarked)

Materials used:
Imagine That digi stamp set - Pretty Peacocks with free extra sets
Spectrum Noir pens
blending card
printer card
A5 white card blank
Spellbinders Dies - Labels 23
feather stamp
birthday greeting stamp
Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad


Method:
I printed out my image on the blending card and coloured it in with the pens before cutting it out with a die. I also printed out a sheet of the coordinating backing paper, stamped the feather over it and cut out a mat with a larger die. I layered my topper onto the paper than attached to the front of the card blank. Finally I added the sentiment.

I have come to the conclusion that I am a CAS girl! Looking back nearly all my cards are plain and simple, not a great deal of embellishment. I do admire those who can embellish a card and make it look stunning, when I try it just looks like a jumbled mess!

Thank you for popping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into the Imagine That Stamp of the Month Challenge

12 comments:

  1. Hi Pippa :) Your CAS card is gorgeous! Love your coloring. It's always good to step outside your comfort zone a li'l bit and try new things, but they key is to build on your strengths. Some people just cannot do CAS so if that's your style, go with it! :) It's especially elegant on white cards - This is stunning! xxKris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is beautiful. Love your card. Thanks for joining us this month at Imagine That Challenges.
    Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring is GORGEOUS! Beautiful card. Thanks for joining our monthly challenge at Imagine That! Lisa Lynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fabulous card Pippa. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh I don't think I could face colouring this image... but you have done a wonderful job and it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card! I love birds... Owls are my favorite but peacocks are right up there with them. Last Spring I entry with one of my best friends to Miami, Florida on vacation and while we were there I got a large tattoo of a peacock on my left thigh that takes up my entire upper leg. So of course this card has to be one of my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Thanks so much for participating in our IMAGINE THAT! monthly challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete