Sunday 1 March 2015

Away with the fairies

Kit and Clowder have a competition this week on their Facebook page to colour in a fairy or fantasy image from Scrappers Delight and as I have run out of ATC's for my swap group I thought I might be able to kill two birds with one stone. Not that I advocate or would consider participating in bird killing, but you know what I mean!

SAM_1453 (wtermarked)

Materials used:
Digital image from Scrappers Delight - Rose Petal
Digital image from Aurora Wings - Fuchsia Sprite
White blending card
Derwent Studio colouring pencils
Spectrum Noir Pens
Clarity Letterbox stamp set
Memento Rose Bud ink pad


Method:
Having decided I did not want to print out the images and then cut them out to glue to an ATC I made up a table using Word, sized the cells to ATC size and then put the images in the cells. It worked quite well. Having printed them out I then cut them into individual ATC's. I coloured Rose Petal with the pencils and Fuchsia Sprite with Spectrum Noir pens. I then used the Letterbox set to stamp Rose in pink down the side.

I have had my Derwent pencils for longer than I care to remember and used to use them a lot more. Since discovering alcohol ink markers I have been concentrating on them. I am at the start of a course with Kit and Clowder and have used applied what I have learned so far to the pencil colouring. (That will be the next course!) If you want to advance your colouring skills or just do a single project it is worth visiting Kit and Clowder and taking a look at the classes there. Alyce is very good and provides helpful and encouraging feedback as you go along.

Thank you for popping in. Take care.

Pippa

2 comments:

  1. Clever you to do the ATC's in a Word Table. Would never have thought of that, but it worked beautifully to save on the fussy cuts! Love your pencil coloring too, You've captured a lovely glow on each image. TFS & hope things are going well for you. Hugs & Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary. I think I am going to create an ATC template for use in the future. It certainly saved a lot of time and card too!

    ReplyDelete