Saturday 7 March 2015

Not quite what I had in mind

I am now officially on the DT for Deedee's Digi Stamps and had an idea for my first sample. However circumstances have led to a change of plan. On the same day that I had the good news I also heard that a friend of mine had lost her father. So I set to and have made a couple of cards, one for my friend and one for her mum.

Materials used:SAM_1461 (watermarked)
Deedee's Digi Stamps - Endless Beginnings and Framed Comfort
silver mirri board
White printer card and paper
embossing pen
detail silver embossing powder
rectangle die
Couture Creations A4 embossing folder - leaves


SAM_1463 (watermarked)

Method Card 1:
I arranged my elements on a graphics programme and printed them out on printer card. Using the embossing pen and silver embossing powder I embossed the oval frame. I cut the front panel to size before matting it onto silver mirri board and then attached it to an A5 card blank. I cut out different sections of another 3SAM_1462 (watermarked) of the doves and used them to 3d decoupage the image. I also used the graphics programme to create and insert for the cardusing the same images and another sentiment.

SAM_1459 (watermarked)

 

 

 

Method Card 2:
I used the embossing folder to emboss an A4 sheet of white card and folded into the shaped blank. I printed out the elements I wanted to use and then fussy cut the sentiment and die cut and embossed the dove image. I cut out a second image of the dove without the back wing and stuck it to the base image with gel glue to give a little dimension. I stuck both panels to the inside of the card blank. I SAM_1460 (watermarked)printed out a sentiment panel and attached it to the back of the card.

I am sure I have said it before but Deedee's images are fantastic if you want a quick make with stunning results. I do not often use the pre-coloured images as I just love colouring, but when I have used them I have never been disappointed.

So what had I planned for my first sample, well you will just have to wait because it is now relegated to 3rd place!

Thank you for stopping in. Take care.

Pippa

3 comments: