Tuesday 3 March 2015

National Scrapbooking Day Challenge

Today is National Scrapbooking Day and to mark the occasion Deedee's Digi Stamps is running a challenge. Members of the Design Team have made either a card or a scrapbook page for you to lift and produce your own version. So why not give it a go, the challenge runs until May 9th and you will find details at Deedee's Blog. My sample for the challenge is a scrapbook page. It is quite a while since I last did any scrapbooking and I really enjoyed doing it.

Materials used:SAM_1571 (watermarked)
Deedee's Digi Stamp Set Coffee Cup Greetings
12 x 12 sheet of pale yellow card
blending card
printing card
corner rounder punch
Copic and Spectrum Noir pens


Method:
My daughter picked up a Tassimo Coffee Maker at a bargain price last year and I am secretly quite envious of it. It seemed to be a fitting subject to go with Deedee's wonderful Coffee Cup Greetings set.

SAM_1572 (watermarked)
I printed off the photo at the size I wanted along with a sheet of backing paper that comes with the set, two coffee mugs and the sentiment. I cut two strips from the backing paper and edged them with black ink. I trimmed my photo and sentiment and rounded off the corners with a punch and edged them with black ink also. I cut two small mugs from the left overs from the backing paper and glued them to the bottom of the sentiment. I used the pens to colour in the two mugs before cutting them out. I then arranged all my elements on the page and when happy with the placement glued them down, using foam pads to raise the front mug. I kept my page as CAS as I could, that is my preferred style.


Thank you for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my page into:
My Scrapbook Place Challenge - Anything Goes

No comments:

Post a Comment