Monday 30 March 2015

Not a pen in sight!

A new stamp for the monthly challenge is released today at Deedee's Digis. I have used it to make a Mothering Sunday card for my mum (she was sworn to secrecy about it until the official release!)
SAM_1470 (watermarked)
Materials used:
Deedee's Stamp of the month - Blooming Blessings
printing card


Method:
I used Word to size and layer up my images and alter the wording in the circle. I printed the whole of the base image onto an A4 sheet of white card and also printed out an extra copy of the circle and flower images to the same size. Using a craft knife I cut out all the diamonds from the lattice. I cut out some of the flowers and a second circle from the extra image and layered them up for a 3d effect.

This would have been a quick card but it took ages cutting out the lattice work! However I am glad I persevered because I liked the end result. This is a very versatile set and can be used for just about any occasion. If your entered Deedee's challenge last month you will get Blooming Blessings as a freebie to play along this month. If you didn't than you can buy it at Deedee's shop and enter for April. Each time you enter you get the next month's image free. What's not to like about that!

Thank you for popping in. Take care.

Pippa

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you've made awesome use of this fantastic set. I can just guess how fiddly cutting the lattice bits was. Great job though, and it made such a lovely card. Saw it at DeeDee's so was easy to link over & pay a quick visit. TFS & hope your evening was restful. Hugs

    ReplyDelete