Friday 27 February 2015

Raiding the snippets box for Rudolph day

Most crafters have a box of snippets around the place, and most crafters remember they have it and use it regularly. But then I am not most crafters and my overflowing snippets box is sadly neglected, buried under a pile of 'work to do' boxes.  So as I had a relatively free day today I decided to raid it and create a card or two for Rudolph Day at the same time.

SAM_1450 (watermarked)

SAM_1451 (watermarked)

 

 

 

 

 

Materials used:
Snippets of various sizes and flavours!
X-cut and Spellbinders snowflake dies
Let it snow . . . acrylic stamp

Method:
I took all my snippets and arranged them into a card! There is not much else to say really. The penguins, complete with googly eyes were from some crackers we had at Christmas, the backing paper you might recognise left over from a previous project, even the shaped card was already made up and abandoned in the box. So both cards were completely made up from snippets.

With all those snippets I feel a trip to the Snippets Playground is called for. Maybe I will see you there?

Thank you for popping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card(s) into these challenges:
Rudolph Day February 2015
Snippets Playground Week 165

10 comments:

  1. BRILLIANT Snippety Penguins. Love BOTH cards Pippa.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snippets cards. Those penguins are adorable. I feel like I know my snippets really well at the mo...cuz I just had to pack them all up and then unpack them and organize them for the move.
    I am like you and do not use mine enough! I set up my new room with all my UFO's and snippets close to my workdesk...hope it inspires me to make some cute cards like yours

    Thanks for taking part in the February Rudolph Days Challenge...and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the penguins and a brilliant use of the snippets, brat cards.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. An awesome card from all your fun little snippets. They were just waiting for your magic touch to bring them to life in this beautiful card. So glad you brought them over to Rudy Day #2 as well. Hope all is going well for you. TFS & Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super use of snippets there Pippa! And what fun those pengions are too :)

    I fixed your link, can't work out what's happening but always just shout and I can link you easily! Thanks for playing!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Scrappymo (hope you don't mind being called that!). I hope the dust has settled from moving, it can be a very stressful time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mary. I love penguins, my favourite animal, so I could not just throw the little ones out with the rest of the post Christmas debris. I still have 3 left to play with another time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Di, I think it must be a problem between Mr Linky and Wordpress, maybe they have fallen out and are not talking to each other anymore!

    ReplyDelete