Wednesday 11 February 2015

Love is in the air

You either love it or hate it - Valentines Day, that is. I fall into the first category even though I am not a 'mushy, slushy' person! At a local craft fair last month I came across a couple of Doo Lally Pip stamp sets, one of which is very apt in light of my last post and being a Pippa! You'll see what I mean from the photo.

Materials used:SAM_1392 (watermarked)
Doo Lally Pip - My fragile heart
A4 white blending card
A4 white card
A4 100gsm white paper
Snippets of patterned paper and gold mirri card
Spectrum Noir pens and pencils
Copic pens
Versamark ink pad
Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
Detail Gold embossing powder
Glossy Accents


MethodSAM_1390 (watermarked):
I stamped out Doo Lally Pip a couple of times on the blending card and also stamped the sentiment and embossed with the gold embossing powder. I coloured the images using the Spectrum Noir and Copic pens. i then trimmed one of the images to the required size and matted it onto gold mirri card. I did the same with the sentiment. I cut the dress from the second image and layered it onto the base image with 3d gel glue. When the glue was dry I covered the heart with glossy accents.

I folded and trimmed the white card to make an A5 card blank with the front flap shorter than the back. I stamped, embossed and coloured in the hearts down the right side of the card. I attached a strip of patterned paper to the front of the card and added my image and sentiment.SAM_1395 (watermarked)

Using the white paper I made and insert and stamped and embossed aheart and greeting on it. I coloured the heart with the Spectrum Noir pencils.

So all I need to do now to be ready for Saturday is to write in it and hide it away!

Thank you for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Stamping Sensations February Challenge - Anything goes

Snippets Playground - week 163

8 comments:

  1. Love this cute image Pippa. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pippa

    I deleted your previous tries and have managed to link you - although Doo Lally Pip is minus her head and legs on the thumbnail! I think that's to do with Wordpress :( Super card!! And just right for the day - not too slushy :))

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Di. Not sure why sometimes Mr Linky works and sometimes he doesn't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just delightful and such a fun play on your name! Loved reading how you enhanced her skirt & the heart, and the tiny hearts on the inside border added so much extra pretty detail. Hope things are going well. God Bless. TFS & Happy Valentine's Day. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just adorable! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete