Wednesday 18 February 2015

Love struck Birdbrain

The image for the From the Heart Stamp of the Month Challenge features one of their characters, Birdbrain. I decided this time to colour her brown so that the flower would be the colour focus.

SAM_1409 (watermarked)

Materials used:
white stamping/blending crd
snippets of green, white and purple card
Spectrum Noir and Copic pens
Liquid Pearls
Spellbinders dies Labels 23
Heartfelt Creations die Leafy Swirl from Cut Mat Create 1B
Flower die - unknown origin


Method:
I printed out the Birdbrain image on the stamping card at the required size and coloured with the pens before cutting out using the labels die. I also cut printed and cut out the sentiment. I matted both of these onto purple paper, from an old shop bag.
I cut two leafy swirls from green card, a snippet left over from another project, and several flowers from snippets of white which I then coloured with the pens. I then assembled three flowers. I arranged all my elements on the card front before sticking them down. Finally I added Liquid Pearls to Birdbrains necklace.


Thank you for stopping by. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
From the Heart Stamps - Stamp of the Month Challenge: February
Sir Stamp Alot - Stamping Sensations Challenge - Anything Goes
Digi Galore Challenge - Anything Goes
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 164

10 comments:

  1. Hi Pippa!

    I went into Mr Linky and deleted your link. Then I came to your blog and pretended to be you linking into the playground and it worked fine! How peculiar! But, as I always say, I never mind linking for playmates if they're having problems.

    I love this card, have just spotted another playmate using the same image and it really is such a fun one - LOVE the strings of pearls :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty. I like to see the Birdbrains in different colors and brown fits great in combination with purple.

    Thanks for joining our FREE Stamp of the Month February Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this image at another blog & the difference in the color schemes made it such a different look. So very cute and she's just delightful all dressed in browns and those are some super delicious flowers trimming the pretty die as well. Darling card, and hope all things are going smoothly for you. Big hugs, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. An adorable creation and such a pretty colour choice.

    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how sweet is this card? It's lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Di. I think the problem is trying to link from site to site. Next time I might try going into the playground through the web site rather than use the link! It might work :)

    ReplyDelete