Wednesday 26 February 2014

Rudolf Day #2

Every year I save the 100 or so Christmas cards we are blessed with and every year I intend to upcycle them into new cards and every year I fail miserably. This year has already seen a 400% increase in the number of cards made! The driving force is Rudolf Day. Last month I used a couple of old cards and I have done the same this month.  The first one includes some snippets so I am sending that one over to Playground Snippets.  Here are my two cards for Rudolf Day.


Materials used:
old Christmas card for main image
scrap of card for the music score background
Cuttlebug Allegro embossing folder
snippet of Christmas carol backing paper
Spellbinders Labels 23 die
fabric poinsettia flower (off a Christmas cracker)
Distress inks: vintage photo, old paper, tea dye 
A5 white card blank
















Materials used:
old Christmas card for main image
left over piece of pearlescent gold card
PSX holly sprig stamp
Spellbinders heirloom ornament greeting stamp
Adirondack archival sepia ink pad
Derwent studio colouring pencils
gems













Thank you for dropping in.  Take care.

Pippa


I would like to enter the top card into Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge week 113
and both cards into Rudolph Day February


6 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous cards Pippa! I love both although the snippets entry one really pops with the beautiful poinsettia.

    Thanks for coming to play today.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pippa . . . two brilliantly recycled festive cards here! Well done for using up some snippets too.

    Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day. I am pleased to have encouraged your Christmas card production!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, traditional cards. Really lovely x Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never saved Christmas cards to re-cycle until this year and still haven't got them out to use, but these are great and well put together.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look lovely! I love the first image and the pretty poinsettia. The second is lovely too!l

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you've done with your recycled Christmas card. I was thinking I should give that a go but I didn't receive such stunning cards to work with as you did. I think that helps make wonderful cards like yours.

    ReplyDelete