Thursday 13 February 2014

Anyone for tea?

I confess, I was tempted to entitle this post 'More tea vicar?'   It comes with living with the vicar I guess!  However, this is not really about the tea, more about the box the tea came in!  It has a lovely pattern which was too good to waste so it became a card.



Materials used:
1 empty Earl Grey Teabag box
scraps of black, orange and white card
scrap of floral print paper
butterfly stamp and matching die Marianne Design Collectables
black satin ribbon
Spectrum Noir pens

I cut out the middle panel which had the name of the tea on it and mounted a scrap of printed floral paper behind it.  The stamped butterfly was coloured in with Spectrum Noir pens before being die cut.  I tried to use colours that matched those in the background design.
Before matting the background onto orange card I covered the fold which was were the lid was with a length of black satin ribbon.
The whole topper was then mounted onto a black A5 card blank.  The butterfly was attached with foam pads, a black satin ribbon bow glued near the bottom of the ribbon strip and a peal off greeting attached in the corner.
I am really pleased with the way it turned out and I love the colours in it.

Thanks for visiting.  Take care.

Pippa


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:


7 comments:

  1. Wow Pippa, this is totally stunning and I thought I was the only odd one that collected the pretty cardboard (I have a thing about custard tart boxes at the moment) from the items in my shopping bag!! I'm off to Waitrose later this morning!! I need some special tea bags for a project up my sleeve.
    Back to your card though. I love the dramatic colours and your butterfly is so vibrant. Ticks all my boxes for me. Love it. Thank you so much for joining in my new challenge and hope you will flutter by often. Hugs Mrs A. (Butterfly challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look at packaging and wonder if I should keep for a rainy day. Love your transformation of the tea box, beautiful creation. Thanks for dropping by earlier and your lovely comment Pippa. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Pippa loe the dramatic colours, I must look out for tea bag boxes.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh now Pippa . . . THAT is food (or tea) for thought . . . as I hadn't thought to use the pretty teabag packet that we have as a background! GREAT IDEA! Will have to nab the packet before it's recycled by the Council!

    LOVE what you've made with it. Very striking.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pippa - I cannot reply to your question by email as your email address is not showing when you make a comment! So I've come back over to your blog to answer - the background stamp I used on my Dangle is from a clear set by Bananafrog. Unfortunately, Bananafrog are no longer in business, so the set isn't available. I can't remember the name of it as it's an old set! Sorry.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Pippa, this is fabulous! Brilliant upcycling and a really beautiful end result.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card. Love the drama of these gorgeous colours and brilliant Up-cycling!

    ReplyDelete