Tuesday 18 February 2014

The card we always seem to run out of!

I have heard a lot of crafters say it, the  cards that there are never enough of are sympathy cards.  For myself I know I am always running out so spotting a challenge to make a sympathy card was too good an opportunity to miss.  So this is what I came up with.












































Materials used:
A4 white card to make gatefold 14.8cm square card base
dark grey Spectrum Noir pen
Adirondack Pitch Black and Archival Jet Black ink pads
Stampin' Up! Lov and Sympathy stamps
My Sentimants Exactly Psalm 119:76 stamp
Spellbinders Labels 23 and Grand Labels 23 dies

I wanted this to be a fairly traditional, simple card so rather than matting and layering I used the dies to ink through to make the frame for the sentiment on the right side of the card.  I stamped the flower on the left and then edged all the parts of the card with the pen.  I stamped the Psalm quotation inside.

I have made a more elaborate version, matting and layering everything onto black card, for a friend who lost her mother.  The photo is not very good, the flower should be black not blue!  



Same design but using black card to  mat and layer
 


Thank you for dropping in.  Take care.

Pippa



I would like to enter this card into the My Time to Craft challenge.





1 comment:

  1. Always hard cards to make but a good idea to make when not actually needed as I think they are then easier to make and ideas flow. Like the simple elegance of both of these cards. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete