Friday 28 February 2014

Look what you started, Melanie!

My friend Melanie has a birthday today.  She has always maintained that we are sisters, twins separated at birth. But she is older than me, by six months, so this is something of a medical marvel!

Anyway the reason I am blogging about Mel is that she was the person who first introduced me to stamping so so many years ago when we were young mums and neighbours.  So I have been taking a little stroll down Memory Lane, where it is not raining but always sunny!

I still have my first ever stamp, in this picture it is the little flower silhouette in the middle. The other stamps are some of my oldest, the ones that started it all off.




When my eldest daughter was eight she opted to have Aunty Mel do a stamping party for her.  So Mel, I hope you have found the link, remember this?

Mel explaining the finer points of stamping
Demonstrating how to apply equal pressure
for a clean sharp image
Me keeping Becky's sister and younger
cousin entertained in the garden.
Told you it was sunny down Memory Lane!
All that was some years ago, Becky is almost 27 now! Since then my collection of stamps and associated paraphernalia has grown and continues to do so! 

My craft store, took 20 years to save for
but worth it in the end!
 Sorry about the quality of the photo but as I said Memory Lane is sunny, present day is not! (I have just noticed that the card on the table is yesterday's blog!)

You never know what a chance conversation with a friend can lead too. So Happy Birthday Melanie and a big thank you for bringing something that gives pleasure, not to mention therapy, into my life!

Those of you who are not Melanie, I hope you will forgive the meander down Memory Lane.

Thanks for popping in. Take care.

Pippa




No comments:

Post a Comment