Saturday 1 March 2014

Mad March Hares

Can you believe it, two months of this year gone already! Time to post the page for March in my Art Journal for the challenge. 

Firstly I painted my two page spread with white acrylic paint to strengthen the pages and give some texture.  I then used Adirondack inks in greens and blues with a moon mask and hill mask to create the background. I stamped a bare tree from the Pilkington Wood set using Memento Rich Cocoa ink.



The next task was to create my hares. I do not have a stamp so resorted to using a digital image. I changed the colours for a mixture and made the 'Sunday hares' slightly bigger. My plan was to have each Sunday surrounded by a family of six other hares, it sort of worked!




The cloud was made using a clarity mask and white acrylic paint. March is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black using the Clarity letterbox set and the birds, also Clarity, added to the sky. 



Finally the tree had it's leaves added using a selection of Spectrum Noir pens.





All ready to record the exciting events of March, hopefully sunshine and flowers rather than floods and leaks!

Thanks for visiting.  Take care.

Pippa





No comments:

Post a Comment