Thursday 13 March 2014

Thank you Craftasmic

Craftasmic, my local(ish) craft shop is holding Spectrum Noir Colourist Workshops over the next four months. The first one was yesterday and it inspired me to be a bit more ambitious with my colouring. This card is the result.

Materials Used:
Stamps - Daffodil and Spring is Sprung - Dimension Stamps
Adirondack Inks: Slate, Stonewashed, Lettuce
Memento Inks: Tuxedo Black
X-Cut Dies: Scalloped Oval
Spectrum Noir Pens: DG1, DG3, CG2, CT1, CT2, CT3, CT4
Neenah white card

A close up view of the flower head
to show the shading.

Method:    
I made an A5 card blank from the Neenah card, a mask of the daffodil stamp and an oval mask using the die and a piece of paper. I positioned the aperture in the paper mask on the card blank and stamped the daffodil through it. Keeping the aperture mask in place I covered the daffodil with its mask then used Stonewashed and Lettuce inks with a brush and make up sponge to place the grass and sky.



The coloured daffodil and oval frame







I then used the pens to colour in the daffodil before masking it off with the oval shape cut from the aperture mask. Using Slate and a stencil brush I brushed around the mask to try to get a 3D effect. Finally I stamped the words underneath.


The finished card

























Thank you for dropping in.  Take care.

Pippa



I would like to enter this card into the Les is More Challenge: Single Layer - Spring Flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment