Sunday 9 March 2014

Butterflies, Buttons, Bows and . . .

Time for the second Butterfly Challenge from Mrs A and this time she has 'upped the ante' by adding Buttons and Bows into the mix.  So I decided to add another 'B' with Bag.

A few weeks back I treated myself to a couple of the new We R Memory Keepers punch boards, having done a make and take at a local craft show.  As it is about time I put the gift bag one to the test, hope you like the result.

Materials used:
We R Memory Keepers gift bag punch board
A4 white card
A4 white paper
snippet of white card
flower, background, wings stamps from Dimension Stamps
black wire
black bead
3 small black buttons
black satin ribbon and organza ribbon
black inkpad
strip of acetate.

Method:
First I measured and cut out the bag following the instructions that come with the board.

Stamping on the bag base.
Lace and ribbon added.




I then stamped 3 flowers onto white paper and stamped these and the bag base with the background stamp in black before folding the score lines on the bag and cutting the petals out to make up the flower.  The edges of the petals have some fine glitter on. 

The rose made up and glittered.
















The completed butterfly.



Because I do not have a large butterfly stamp I used the wing stamps to make a butterfly.  The body is twisted black wire with a bead added at the top to form the head and the ends of the wires bent around to make the antennae. The body is defined using the black buttons. The wings are stuck to a small circle of black card before attaching the wire body on top. The whole butterfly is then stuck to the end of piece of acetate.






With all the elements made the next task was adding the lace and black ribbon around the bag and the bow at the top before sticking the bag together.  The rose was stuck on the front and the acetate with the butterfly on stuck inside the box so the butterfly hangs over and looks as if it is about to land on the rose.  Black organza ribbon handles finish off the bag.

The finished article.

I am actually pleased with how this all worked, for once everything seemed to fall into place and the plan worked!  I have it sitting on my desk at the moment and I have to confess the butterfly just has to be played with, it really dances over the rose on it's acetate 'spring'.

Thank you for dropping in.  Take care.

Pippa



I would like to enter this bag in Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge #2

4 comments:

  1. What a clever butterfly, Pippa! And I love all this black and white goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely enthralled by your bag. I love how you have the made the butterfly up from the different elements and adding to the acetate is inspirational. Thank you so much for fluttering by my #2. hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, Pippa. Love the way you crafted your beautiful butterfly. These colors are so very dramatic too. You did a spectacular job with your WRMK punch board. I think their envelope board is one of the best - as I'm enveloped challenged. I can usually get a decent one if I use their board. TFS & hugs. I don't see a followers list, else I'd be joining as a new follower. I like your style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness me Pippa . . . that is a stunning bag. Absolutely flipping gorgeous and so elegant.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete