Tuesday 4 March 2014

Green and Yellow

Over at Less Is More the challenge this week is Green and Yellow.  I have four rose stamps by PSX in my collection that I love because they all work as individuals and in combinations.  For this challenge I went with the 'spray'. One day, perhaps, I will show you the others in the set.

Materials used:                                       

PSX rose spray stamp
Happy Birthday stamp
Archival Sepia inkpad
A5 white card blank
Watercolour paints
Pale green Spectrum Noir pen
Snippets of Papermania card 


The rose is stamped with sepia ink then painted with watercolour paints. The pale green edge is a Spectrum Noir pen.

The Papermania card was white with green squares so I painted it with a wash of yellow watercolour.  On one piece I mounted the rose, on another strip I stamped the greeting in sepia. Both elements were then stuck to the card.

The photo is not quite accurate with the colours, the yellow is much paler in reality!



I confess I usually avoid anything with straight lines on because it does tend to show up every cutting mistake.  I can see where the cutter has been less than accurate but I am hoping I can get away with is this time!  Because I have used snippets on the card I think I will pop along to the Pixie's Snippets Playground as well.

Thanks for popping in.  Take care.

Pippa


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Less Is More - Colour - Yellow and Green
Pixie's Playground Snippets

7 comments:

  1. Hi Pippa . . . WOW - I used to have that pretty PSX Rose . . . long time no see! Thanks for the touch of spring on this lovely card. Don't worry about the straight line thing . . . it doesn't have to be perfect . . . the recipient will still know it was made with love.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really sweet Pippa!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and springlike
    Thanks for joining this week’s Less is More Challenge
    Anne
    (Guest LIM commenter!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea to colour the green check with yellow water colour. Makes a perfect foil for the image. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really super card Pippa! I do love the PSX stamp you used too. I don't see any wonky lines at all!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pippa, this is lovely! You just can't beat a PSX stamp, and this rose is a beautiful one. Love the clean layout you chose because it lets this wonderfully colored stamp shine. I didn't see any non-straight either. Loved your idea of changing the white to green with w/color. Inspired! TFS &Hugs

    ReplyDelete