Tuesday 11 March 2014

And now for something completely different

I must confess I am not a big fan of Shabby Chic or Grunge styles so this card is really out of my style - what ever my style is! I am in charge of sorting out the birthday cards at the school where I work, and this year decided to make them myself. Our part-time music teacher, who plays the violin, has a birthday coming up and I had just the right stamp to use but it has an unusual background that I  have never really liked. In the part I have tended to use just the main picture from the middle detached from the background. This time, however, I was determined to do something with the whole stamp and it turned out to be 'something completely different'.

Materials Used:
A4 white card
kraft card 
light brown card
distress and Adirondak inks in variety of colours
Stamps Happen "Overture" stamp
music score background stamp
greetings stamp
black Enamel Accents

Method:
Close up of central image
Using the distress and Adirondak inks and stencil brushes I coloured a sheet of white card before stamping the "Overture" stamp on it and twice more on white card. I cut a piece of kraft card larger than the stamped image and stamped the music background onto it. 

I painted the music and violins using a damp paintbrush and picked up ink from a blending mat. Once dry I cut the music and violin from one image and just the violin from the other and layered them on top of the first image. I then mounted the topper onto the stamped kraft card and then stuck that onto the card blank.

I stamped the greeting onto a scrap of the card I had made for the background and then stuck it on the card blank. I used Black Enamel Accents to make the faux brads in the corners.



The finished card

Although I was way out of my comfort zone with the style of this card I was actually pleased with the result. 

Thanks for visiting. Take care.

Pippa

No comments:

Post a Comment