Thursday 6 March 2014

Cats and dogs!

This time I am not referring to the Somerset weather but the challenge over at 'My Time To Craft'. Having looked at the wonderful samples by the DT and the early entries, I decided to go completely different with my Tiger entry.

Materials Used:
Clarity Stamps - tiger and pine forest
Adirondack inks - lettuce and meadow
Distress ink - dried marigold
Memento ink - tuxedo black
Spectrum Noir pens
embossing pen
Spellbinders - labels 23
clear embossing powder
A5 white card blank
A4 white card

Method:

The background showing the pine forest stamping

I started by printing the verse of the poem onto the A4 card. I then stamped the tiger underneath in black before using the die to cut out a topper. To create the background for the main card and the tiger topper I stamped the pine forest stamp multiple times all over the card taking the ink from a blending mat for some of the images and sponging ink onto the stamp for others.  (The tiger was masked off for this). The background for the tiger is deliberately more distressed. I used both meadow and lettuce inks for this. I then used dried marigold around the edge of the topper and also around the edge of the card blank.

The coloured and embossed tiger




I then coloured the tiger using Spectrum Noir pens before going over the image with the embossing pen and embossing it with clear embossing powder a couple of times.












I cut a piece of card from the stamped background card slightly smaller than A5 and glued this onto the card blank before mounting the topper with 3D foam pads.


The finished card

Thanks for popping in, and thank you to all who have left encouraging comments on previous posts.  Take care.

Pippa


I would like to enter this card into My Time to Craft Challenge - Cats and Dogs.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome tiger! Thank you for joining us at My Time To Craft!

    ReplyDelete