Friday 14 March 2014

Waste? Not!

I recently acquired a couple of sets of Doo Lally Pip stamps; well with a name like Pippa how could I not! Like many clear stamp sets they came on an acetate sheet which had the image printed on. Sometimes the image is in colour as a guide but these were just the black outlines. Big confession - I usually throw the sheet away once I have put the stamps in my storage binder. This time, though, the Snippets Playground came to mind so I thought I would make use of the 'waste'.

Materials Used:
white card
backing acetate from Doo Lally Pip stamp set
text stamp from Life Sentiments from Kaiser Craft
Spectrum Noir pens
The coloured acetate image

Method:
I made a 4" square card blank from the back of a card that 'went wrong beyond redemption'! Using Spectrum Noir pens I coloured the acetate image. Because it is acetate you cannot blend the pens but as the image has a lot of shading in the image anyway I don't think it matters too much. 







The finished card







I then cut the image out and used Glossy Accents to attach it to the card blank. The sentiment was added to the bottom corner and the card edged using a Spectrum Noir Pen. 

My thanks to Di at Pixie's Crafty Workshop for the sentiment stamps.







I am off now to the Snippets Playground, if I can see my way through the fog!

Thanks for popping in. Take care.

Pippa



I would like to enter this card in the Snippets Playground Challenge



No comments:

Post a Comment