Saturday 22 February 2014

If I could save time in a bottle

Some days I cannot climb the stairs without getting out of breath!  Other days I can run up them with no problem.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if, in the words of the Jim Croce song we could save 'Time in a Bottle'.  We could save all the good times when we are ontop of things and life is going well. Then on those days when we lack energy, lack creativity, feel far from God, feel lonely, afraid, sad, or generally hurting in some way we could take a swig from the bottle to revitalise ourselves.  

However, on reflection, we can do that.  After all Jesus said 'but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again.  The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.'  

I believe that on those 'bad' days I can go and drink the water of life.  The bad things may not go away but they are a lot easier to deal with.  Of course you may not agree with me, that's ok, I am just sharing my thoughts.

By now, if you are still with me, you may be wondering where all this is going.  Tim and I have been away for a couple of days so I have not managed any crafting.  On Friday we went for a walk along the East Lynn River from the Rockford Inn to Watersmeet and back.  It was a lovely sunny morning, only one rain shower and down by the river it was sheltered.  It was a day to remember and to be thankful for, definitely one for the memory bank if not in the bottle!  In the absence of a card to show you, I thought you might like some restful images from our walk.  So here they are.  Hope you enjoy the trip.



Journey's Start

Over the bridge and away we go
 
Down by the riverside

The rain has filled all the little streams
Ash Pool
Climbing up now, see the river through the trees
Tim on the bridge


Down again back on the river bank

Crook Pool

Watersmeet (but the cafe was closed)

Heading back on the other side of the river.
There is a cascade of water coming down the rock.

Footpath and bridleway meet.
Lovely spot to ride a horse up through the woods.

Fast flowing over the rocks. If this were a video it would be very loud!


I think this is a grey wagtail. Sorry it's not a very good picture but I have not perfected my walking on water skills sufficiently to be able to get closer.  There were a pair of them having a great time on the rocks and in the shallows.

Three miles round trip and back where we started

Thanks for coming along with me.  Take care.

Pippa

















No comments:

Post a Comment