Thursday 9 April 2015

Sailing on

Over at Imagine That Digi's this month the stamp of the month is on a nautical theme. I have recently given into temptation, again!, and bought a new die which makes for an easy pop up card.

[caption id="attachment_1077" align="alignright" width="353"]SAM_1562 (watermarked) Inside view[/caption]

Materials used:
Imagine That digi set - My Sailmate and free papers
Stampendous Pop-up die set
printing paper
stamping card
dark blue card
sentiment stamps and memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
Copic and Spectrum Noir pens


Method:
I printed out the papers and elements onto the different papers depending on type. I used the pens to colour the boy, girl, life belts and wheels. I die cut the bubble paper twice to make the inside pop-up piece.

[caption id="attachment_1078" align="alignleft" width="326"]SAM_1563 (watermarked) Close up of inside[/caption]

I fussy cut my coloured images (cutting out the little bits from the life belts and wheels took a while). I stuck a snippet of left over bubble paper behind the life belts and wheels then attached them to the pop-up tabs before attaching the boy and girl to the larger tabs. I used the blue card to make an A5 card blank and glued my pop-up piece inside making sure not to get glue on the tabs.

[caption id="attachment_1076" align="alignright" width="300"]SAM_1558 (watermarked) Front view[/caption]

For the front of the card I used different elements from the kit to build up the scene then stamped the sentiments on the front. Finally I stamped Happy Birthday inside the card leaving the left hand side clear for writing on.

It is the first time I have had a go at a pop-up card but I don't think it will be the last!

Thanks for popping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into:
Imagine That DOM challenge
Digitally 'Sweet' Challenge 134 - Sport

9 comments:

  1. I love what you have done, fabby fussy cutting and colouring of the images, love the images standing up when opening the card. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet Challenges, Pippa, hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic!!! Wow, Pippa, really loving your pop up kids inside the card and the way you decorated the front is so cheerful and CUTE! Love the whole thing. Thank you so much for this creative work of heART - so happy to have you playing in our challenges! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Digitally Sweet. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this month at Imagine That challenge.
    Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so sweet!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IMAGINE THAT! monthly challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete