Thursday 30 April 2015

Outlawz Progressive Digi Challenge

This month the digi image for the Outlawz challenge is a cheeky looking frog. Here is my card using that image.
SAM_1657(watermarked)
Materials used:
Free Digi Stamp - Frog (sorry I cannot link it because I am not sure where it is from. If you are interested in getting it pop along to the Outlawz Challenges and they might be able to help)
Derwent Acadamy Sketching paper
Polychromo pencils
White, orange and brown card
circle dies


Method:
I printed out the image onto the Derwent paper and coloured it in with the polychromo pencils. I then cut it with the circle die and also cut two mats, increasing in size, from the orange and brown card. I layered all my circles up. I printed the greeting onto the white card before scoring and folding it into an A5 card blank. Finally I used foam pads to attach my image.

This is my first play with the polychromos so I am still very much at the beginner stage. I deliberately kept the sky and the grass colouring grainy so that the frog would stand out even more. The frog is coloured based on the Strawberry Poison Dart Frog. I had decided to do a tree frog because they have much more colour in them.

Thank you for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into:
The Outlawz Progressive Freebie Challenge - April

Word Art Wednesday Challenge 181 - Anything goes

No comments:

Post a Comment