Wednesday 22 April 2015

Create and Learn

I may have already mentioned that I have been taking some colouring courses at Kit and Clowder, well this month Alyce launched a monthly subscription course Create and Learn. There is one for pencils and one for alcohol pens and they cover all the main brands so you can use whatever your existing pencil/pen of choice is. You can find more details at the web site Kit and Clowder. Being a bit of a course hoarder I decided to go for both. I have managed to complete the first of the pencil classes and loved doing it. It pushed me out of my comfort zone, past just colouring in an image and into the uncharted waters of backgrounds and scene setting. I tried the image with both Spectrum Noir pencils and my very ancient set of Derwent Studio, (to be honest the Derwents do not have a conversion chart so I had to colour match as best I could).

I have now turned the results into cards.

The image is Octavia Friendly Hugs from Polka Doodles and you get a 50% off voucher with the class.

[caption id="attachment_1102" align="alignleft" width="300"]SAM_1608(watermarked) Using Spectrum Noir pencils[/caption]

SAM_1609(watermarked)

Thanks for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

4 comments:

  1. Very atmospheric colouring, a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some super pencil coloring here. That's always a challenge for me, but looks like you are a master. I have the Derwents, but no SN. I especially loved the way you have such texture in the sky on #2, but both are just gorgeous work. TFS & Hope all is well. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - what fantastic results Pippa. LOVE these cards. Like Faith says . . . very atmospheric.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, very artistic. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete