Monday 13 April 2015

Bags of fun

My eldest daughter had her birthday on Saturday and when I saw Deedee's latest releases I knew I had to use them. I am on holiday from school over Easter so have had time to get a bit more creative.

Materials used:SAM_1552 (watermarked)
Deedee's Digi Stamp sets: Beautiful Lady and In the Bag
white stamping card
metallic grey card
Copic pens
rectangle dies
'Bags of Fun' stamp and black ink pad
construction strength acetate


Method:
I arranged and sized the elements I wanted for inside the bag before printing them out onto the white stamping card. I altered the front of the bag in Paint because I wanted it to be open, then printed the altered imaged and one whole image onto the grey card. I coloured in the lipstick and bottles with Copic pens then fussy cut them out along with the bags.

SAM_1553 (watermarked)To assemble the card I made an exploding card base with grey card (the open kind not the lidded one) and put in three 'shelves' to attach the elements to. I attached the altered bag to the front and the bag flap to the back it make it look like an open bag. I glued a strip of acetate to each element and the sentiment then arranged them how I wanted them, sticking the ends of the acetate strips to the 'shelves' inside the card. On the back of the card I added 'Wishing you Bags of Fun on your Birthday' and a white piece of card to write on.

[caption id="attachment_1087" align="alignright" width="221"]SAM_1554 (watermarked) Folded flat for posting![/caption]

The beauty of this card is that it folds flat for posting! The photgraph angle has cut out the greeting which says; 'The more you have, the harder it is to find your keys!' I set myself two challenges with this, one to work out the construction and the other to use only Copics for the colouring. My small collection of Copics is growing quite quickly but there are still some colour gaps which is why these are mostly pink and red!

Thank you for popping in. Take care.

Pippa

6 comments:

  1. Oh! my goodness Pippa, I didn't realise it was a pop up box card, I thought this was wonderful before but this sends it into outerspace. Congratulations on working it all out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightfully clever way to use this fab DeeDee's image. And just perfect for your daughter's birthday. I can just imagine she was thrilled to bits. Interesting to read that you were able to alter the look of the digi with your software program. Gosh I wish I knew how to do that! You & Faith - with her Photoshop- just amaze me with your skills! DeeDee will be thrilled to see how you used this fun set. Take care, and hope things are going well. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Faith, it took me a while to work out how to separate the bag flap from the bag but I got there in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mary and Becky loved her 'epic' card which made it all worth while. I love being on holiday - more time to get creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is BRILLIANT Pippa. What a fab use of a pop-up box card. xxx

    ReplyDelete