Tuesday 8 April 2014

A bit late, but at least it is still April!

I have been taking part in a journalling challenge this year and had thoughts on what to do for my April pages right back at the beginning of March!  The problem is these thoughts are no good until they come out of my head and actually materialize as said pages.  So here they are at last!

Materials Used:
Clarity stamps - various and letterbox set
Clarity clouds stencil
Hills and mountains stencil
Adirondack inks - lake mist, slate and juniper
Archival black
Distress ink - black soot


Method:
Using juniper, lake mist, slate, black soot, and the stencils I created the background.
DSCF9007


I then used a variety of Clarity stamps and black archival ink to create a little scene on each page. (The left hand page is now mostly covered with the journalling rain drops but there is some visible on the right hand page.)
DSCF9023

Finally I printed out the tear drop shapes from the computer, distressed them slightly with the same inks used for the background, cut them out and arranged them on the page. Pages done!
DSCF9022

Thanks for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

OK, new feature, that is what I did, now for what I should have done!
1. Put the hills higher up and make them further apart so the fields are bigger.
2. Worked out the positioning of the rain drops before stamping.
3. Started earlier!

1 comment:

  1. Personally I like where your farm houses are. If you had moved them up the page they would have been more covered up with the date drops. I love the scene that you have made.
    hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete