Thursday 10 April 2014

How long is 'a certain time'?

Today I read the instructions on my Collall All Purpose Glue; it's a woman thing. The trouble was they left me somewhat baffled, so along with the unanswerable question 'How long is a piece of string?' I would like to add 'How long is a certain time'. To enlighten you here are the instructions from Collall: Apply the glue, let evaporate for a certain time then press the parts firmly together, allow to dry.So you can see my problem!

Back to the original intention of this post, before I got side tracked by gluey problems, my contribution to the Less is More challenge which this week is a colour one - turquoise. It just so happened that my husband needed some 'thank you' cards following a recent birthday so incentive provided off I set.

DSCF9027

Materials Used:
Clarity stamps - Celtic Square and Thank You
Memento ink - Tuxedo Black
Snippets of coloured card
Spectrum Noir Pens


Method:
First I stamped the Celtic Squares out on white card then coloured them in with Spectrum Noir Pens; the colours of snippets of card dictated the colours of the Celtic Squares. Once coloured in I cut the squares out and matted them onto the coloured card before mounting them onto an A6 blank card. I added a strip of the same coloured card at the bottom and stamped the 'thank you' on it.

This was a really quick card to make, just right for a batch lot .  The turquoise version is for the Less is More challenge but I did other varieties as well!

DSCF9030 DSCF9028

Thanks for visiting, come again soon!  Take care.

Pippa

If anyone does has the answer to 'How long is a certain time?' I'd love to know!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Less is More A touch of turquoise
Snippets Playground week 119

10 comments:

  1. Love these bright Celtic squares in your beautiful design. I always am drawn to the Celtic designs...so endlessly fascinating. This is a lovely stamp and I like the way you adapted your focal color to the card snippet color. Great coloring, and a perfect card to take over to the Playground. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how different the Celtic square looks in all the colours.
    In answer to your question Firstly I have always found that the piece of string is always shorter than the actual piece I'm looking for to use! So secondly on that basis a certain time is always going to be longer than the time I have estimated that is needed.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words Mary. The stamp has been growing on me, it is a good one for layering up too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pippa - really like this set of cards. As to how long a 'certain time' is . . . who knows! Your guess is as good as mine!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how pretty Pippa! a gorgeous set of card and I do love that stamp!

    I did giggle about the Colall glue and checked mine here. Then I input the Dutch instructions into Google translate and then that was no more help! I do use Colall a lot and just stick straight away as that allows a bit of leeway in case things aren't line up right!

    The other day Len was fitting yet another gizmo up, and the instructions were translated from Chinese. Instead of the word 'warning' they'd written 'I do solemnly swear'. :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been using Collall glue for ages but it's the first time I have looked closely at the instructions - it was definitely the smile of the day. Sounds as if your instructions for the gizmo did the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Pippa, such a pretty image. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pippa what beautiful cards!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Less is More this week
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great; l Love all the variety of colours that you made up. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete