Sunday 27 April 2014

It's Rudolph Day again

I usually make Christmas cards for all the children in my class. Years ago the class was quite small and my cards were a bit more elaborate, however the past couple of years or so two classes have been amalgamated into one so the numbers have got bigger and as a result my cards have got less elaborate and quicker to make.  With Rudolph day a monthly event it has spurred me on to think about the design for this year's card a lot earlier than usual.  In the hope that if I start now I will get enough made for the whole class before December 25th I decided to be a bit more adventurous and have come up with a simplified exploding box design.

Materials Used:
Printer card
Do Crafts free Christmas background papers downloaded from web site
Away in a manger sheet music download
Christmas stamps (sorry do not know make)
tag dies
Memento Tuxedo Black
Derwent Studio pencils


Method:
I printed the sheet music on one side of the printer card and a starry paper on the other and used them to make up the box and lid.

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Using the nativity stamp I stamped it in Tuxedo black onto white card, coloured in with the pencils and then cut out with enough extra card at the bottom to make a tab. I glued the tab to the base of the box.

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

With the greeting stamp I made a square to go on the front of the box. I used the left over card to make a double tag, the smaller outer one covering up a white blank on the bigger one. The tag will have the child's name on come Christmas!

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

The Rudolph Day challenge asks for two cards so I have added a picture of my first design, which I was not so keen on!

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Thank you for dropping in.  Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter these cards into the Rudolph Day Challenge

4 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely idea for your class children. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pippa, this box card doesn't look 'so simple', but it's beautiful. If you have to make a lot of these, I can see lots of time involved! I haven't tried the 'box cards' that I'm seeing at so many blogs, but this is one of the prettiest I've seen yet. Love the way you've tied the sentiment on the outside with the pop-up on the inside. Your students will love this. Good Christmas colors and perfect for Rudolph Day. I've got 2 cards ready, but wanted to do some visiting before I make the post this afternoon. Behind again on commenting! Happy Sunday and TFS. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pippa - thank you for entering these lovely box cards to Rudolph Day. They look great fun and I'm sure your class will love them.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun and lovelybox cards you have made. I am so going to try this for my grandchildren...they are going to love it!
    The wee nativity is a delight for the center!

    ReplyDelete