Wednesday 2 April 2014

MIA or MII?

Cannot believe a week has gone since my last post.  So I guess most people are familiar with the acronym MIA (Missing In Action) but  I don't think anyone knows the meaning of MII, probably because I made it up!  MII is Missing in Inertia!  There has been a distinct lack of mojo over the past few days so not a lot of craftiness taking place.  I have managed to more or less complete one project though so I will share that with you.

The school I work at is involved with the Archie Project.  This is a dementia awareness project run by Reminiscence Learning, a local Somerset charity.  The mascot for the project is a scarecrow called Archie.  On Monday we had an Archie day and everyone, including staff, came to school dressed as scarecrows.  I just about managed to finish knitting an Archie in time for the day.

DSCF9069

 

His jacket needs the check sewing on and he is missing his animal companions and the flower on his hat but it was a short notice project and I think in the circumstances I did well to get most of him done!  There are three classes in the school and the head asked for an Archie for each class so I had better get the needles working fast!

Thanks for stopping for a while.  Take care.

Pippa

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment