Friday 25 April 2014

Makes me smile

Much as I love winning prizes in raffles or randomly selected draws there is something extra special about winning something on merit. Over at 'Less is More' the challenge theme this week is 'Makes me smile'.  I would like to share a card, tag and matching wrapping paper that I made for the Crafter's Inspiration magazine competition last year. As I have not blogged it before I am hoping it will still be counted!  The reason it makes me smile?  Well I won runner up with it and appeared in the next issue of the magazine too!

The only rule for the  competition was that you had to make use of something that came in the free bundle of goodies that came with the magazine.  Being an avid stamper I used the lovely little dahlia flower head stamp to make my gift wrapping set.

All the items are stamped with memento rich cocoa and coloured with Derwent studio pencils.  The card and tag were made with kraft card and the wrapping paper with brown parcel paper.

[caption id="attachment_516" align="aligncenter" width="604"]DSCF9834 the card[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_517" align="aligncenter" width="604"]DSCF9835 matching envelope[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_518" align="aligncenter" width="604"]DSCF9840 the wrapping paper[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_515" align="aligncenter" width="604"]DSCF9831 matching gift tag[/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_519" align="aligncenter" width="604"]DSCF9841 the complete set[/caption]

Thank you for popping in.  Take care

Pippa

I would like to enter this into the 'Less is more challenge - Makes me smile'

4 comments:

  1. This is a lovely idea to have a complete set in the one package . The idea could catch on!. Belated congratulations on coming runner up in the competition. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks simply lovely!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful set Pippa! lovely colouring too
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More.
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful set! I love the brown flowers you added to the frame, it pulls it sll together so well. -Kristal

    ReplyDelete