Wednesday 23 April 2014

One set of stamps, five ATC's

Well Easter has come and gone and life in the vicarage is a bit quieter so I have a moment to share a crafting session with you.  I mentioned in a previous post that I joined an ATC swap group.  Each month we have a new theme and this month it is 'Spring is Sprung'.  The most recent edition of 'Creative Stamping' magazine had a lovely collection of bird and flower stamps so I decided to use them and only them to create five different ATC's.

20140421113202_SAM_0054

The first one is just the leafy swirl stamped on the left side of the ATC, coloured with Spectrum Noir pens and dusted with stonewashed Adirondack using a stencil brush.  The wording was stamped onto a circle of card, edged with a black pen and lightly dusted with ink before being stuck on with gel glue.

20140421113258_SAM_0058

The second ATC is made using kraft card, stamped with Archival Sepia, coloured with pencil crayons and distressed around the edges with Vintage Photo.

20140421112735_SAM_0060

This one will be familiar to anyone who has read my previous post 'Spectrum Noir OTT?'  Details are there so I won't bore you with a repeat!

20140421112752_SAM_0062

Number four is again on kraft card.  I bought an old novel from a charity shop that had some pages missing so was no use for reading anyway.  I tore a piece of the paper to fit the front of the ATC and then tore out enough of the centre to frame the wording.  the circular vine is stamped with meadow, the birds and words with sepia.  I carefully distressed the printed paper around the outer and inner edges with Vintage photo before sticking to the ATC blank.

20140421112935_SAM_0066

Finally the one I am least happy with. The background is made by spreading Adirondack meadow and stonewashed onto a class mat and thenspritzing with a fine mist before using a piece of card to lift a print from the mat.  I cut the ATC blanks from the resulting card, stamped first and second generation using the meadow flowers and black archival ink at the bottom and the words and bird in the sky.

I had fun trying out new techniques and just playing about so getting reasonable results to send off for the ATC swap was a bonus.

Thanks for dropping in.  Take care.

Pippa

4 comments:

  1. I adore your bird on the kraft card!! Looks gorgeous! Really nice style!
    I want to try stamping in kraft card! Look how it looks.... Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great ATC's. The one I like the most is the one your least happiest with! I think it is lovely. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess art is subjective and something you like someone else will not and visa versa. Thank you for your encouraging comment.

    ReplyDelete