Thursday 1 May 2014

Box mad!

I think I might become addicted to exploding boxes!  This is actually the project I was working on before getting side-tracked by Rudolph.  It is largely inspired by the fact that our topic this term at school is pirates.  Also the currant 'Crafter's Inspiration Magazine' has a competition to win loads of lovely goodies and all you have to do is to produce something using any of the items that came with the magazine kit.  The pirate in the box is a digi stamp that came on one of the CD Roms, as did all the backing papers.

The box

Materials Used:      
Digi stamp
Spectrum Noir pens
Stamps: anchor, desert island, treasure map
Various distress inks and adirondack inks in blues and yellows
Memento Tuxedo Black
Clarity cloud mask
White printer card (smooth, bright white)


Method:
I printed out the digi stamp and a selection of background papers. Having made up the outer, inner and lid of the box I covered both sides of the larger box and the outer sides of the smaller box and the lid with backing papers having first distressed around the edges. I then assembled the lid.
SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESOn the inside of the smaller box I stamped the desert island at the bottom of the four flaps, used the cloud mask and stonewashed ink to make the sky, coloured in the trees with Spectrum Noir pens and added birds with a black pen.
the base of the inside box I coloured with various inks to create sand.



I stamped the anchors and the map onto white before colouring them, and the pirate images, with Spectrum Noir pens, then cut them out. I stuck the anchors, the map and a pirate to the inside flaps of the larger box and folded back a flap on the remaining pirate to attached it to the base.


SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Thanks for dropping in.  Take care.

Pippa

4 comments:

  1. Great idea for an exploding box theme. I have only ever made one of these years ago. Must try and make another one soon. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute theme for your students. Placing those images 'just so' on the pages of the box must have required infinite patience. Just love this little pirate box, and I can imagine that your students will also. TFS & Happy wkend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pirate exploding box!! My son loved it too! Such a great idea!
    So bright and fresh!

    I've only made one before now, for my husband with photos of the kids inside. Loved creating it.

    Look forward to seeing what you create next :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cor - that's cooooool Pippa. Love it. I've never made an exploding box because I thought they look difficult to decorate - but you've done a great job.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete