Thursday 29 May 2014

Using up some more bits

Time for a visit to the Snippets Playground I think, and I can't go empty handed so here is my offering for this week.

Materials used:
snippets of white and black card
White 6x6 inch card blank
kraft, black and gold card
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Spectrum Noir pens and pencils
little flower punch
leafy swirl die
circle and scalloped circle dies
silver 'Thank you' peel off
gold pen


Method:20140527102242_SAM_0257
Having coloured some of the white card snippets with purple pens I used them to punch out some flowers and shaped them on an embossing mat. I printed out the image onto another bit of white card and cut with a circle die before colouring the image in with the pens and pencils.

From another snippet of white card I cut the leafy swirl and coloured it with green pens.

Once all my elements were ready I matted and layered as appropriate and stuck to the front of the card. (I used a bit of the image left after being cut with the circle die to make the mat for the greeting). I did not have a gold peel off so I used the gold pen to colour a silver one.

20140527102033_SAM_0255

I made this card specifically for a friend who lives in a wonderful part Medieval and part Tudor house with leaded windows. Covet not!

Thanks for dropping in. I am off now to Pixie's Playground. Take care.

Pippa

3 comments:

  1. Super card Pippa! You did a lot of careful work here with those little flowers and even colouring the peel off so perfectly. And as for the Tudor house - I do covet a little bit :)

    Thank you so much for the link you left on my art journal post - I had tears in my eyes listening and reading those beautiful words.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is GORGEOUS Pippa - and so appropriate for your friend too.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pippa, sorry to be MIA for so long, hope to get back into the swing of things as I can. I'm so loving this card. The image is colored so pretty, and I love the way you did the flourish with the flowers. Will be CASEing this idea, as it really added such a lovely embellishment to an already beautiful card. Hope all is well with you. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete