Monday 19 May 2014

Family Celebration

Saturday was my brother-in-laws 70 birthday and some very good friends had organised a small secret get-together to celebrate.  Of course I had to make a card for the occasion!  I decided I did not want to blast his age out, instead went for something very subtle!

Materials used:
stamps from 'Creative Stamping' magazine
papers from Graphic 45 - French country and The Works - Vintage stye
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Gray and skin tones Spectrum Noir pens
A3 sheet of kraftcard
white card stock
old book page
distress inks- vintage photo and old paper
black card


Method:
I stamped the gentleman onto white card, paper pieced his coat and coloured the rest of the image with the pens. I also stamped the banner and words before cutting everything out.


Using the kraftcard I made an 8 inch square card blank. Using the top hat and cogs stamps I stamped randomly over the the card front. I mounted a 6 inch square piece of backing paper onto a slightly larger piece of black card before adding a panel of paper from an old book which had been distressed with inks first. I then took a piece of black ribbon around the topper before mounting onto the card front.

Finally I attached the gentleman and the banner to the card using foam pads then added card candi in 3 corners, 3 small dotty buttons in the 4th corner and a little bow on the left hand side of the card.

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

 

I don't often go for the vintage look but quite liked how this one turned out.

Thanks for visiting.  Take care.

Pippa

I used a few snippets on this one, the paper for his frock coat, the 3 little buttons left from another project and the book page also left from another project.  Think I will pop over the the Playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop before it rains again.

 

3 comments:

  1. Terrific card Pippa! I love the vintage look and you sure cracked making a card for a chap with this one!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a FAB male card Pippa. LOVE it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning take on ventage...I think you aced it!

    ReplyDelete