Wednesday 10 June 2015

Summer is a comin'

Well, it's trying too, still a bit chilly in the wind but there is some sunshine at least. Deedee is sponsoring the current challenge at Crafty Gals Corner with the theme 'The great outdoors'. It maybe a little predictable but I have gone with camping for my card. We used to camp regularly when the girls were younger at a Christian Family Conference, on the Bath and West Showground just outside Shepton Mallet in Somerset. We went from tent to caravan and back to tent before a particularly wet year when the tent was packed away and has not come out again! That was the year we were situated near the lake and our neighbours had dug a trench around their tent to stop it flooding. I can still remember waking up one morning and watching a line of ducks come up from the lake, waddle across the grass and then swim up the trench before hopping out and waddling off. I never did find out where they went but they would be back the next day taking the same route!

Materials used:DSCF9011(watermarked)
Deedee's Digi Stamps - Great Outdoors
'and relax ...' stamp from stash
a white 15cm square card blank
kraft card
dark green card
stamping card
Copic pens
vintage photo distress ink
brown serviette


Method:
I printed out the image at the size I wanted and coloured it with Copics. I then matted and layered it onto kraft and dark green card. Having first distressed the edges of the card blank with Vintage Photo I stuck one layer from the serviette to it and then folded it down the middle to create an easel card. I stuck the other layer from the serviette to the inside of the card. I then made the stopper by stamping the sentiment onto a scrap of the white card, trimming it down and matting and layering it to match the main topper. Finally I stuck the topper and the stopper to the card blank.

The brown serviette I used came from a snack box from an online company and was hanging around my snippets box for a while so I think I may head over, in my woolly jumper and coat, to see if anyone is brave enough to be in Pixie's Playground!

Thank you for dropping bye. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into:
Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 180
Inspiration Destination Anything Goes Challenge 137

Addicted to stamps challenge 148 - Holiday
Word Art Wednesday - 187

11 comments:

  1. Such a cute card Pippa! I linked you and have also added you to the 'yes please' list for the prize :) What a hoot about those ducks - I can see why your wonderful card brings back memories - fabulous colouring there girl!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable, what a sweet summer scene!! Fun memories. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Pippa thank you for joining us this week over at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog
    Dianne x
    ID DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that cute little camping scene and your coloring is fab - thanks for joining us at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant camping easel card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card, Pippa. Thank you for the inspiration!
    Have a wonderful day.
    ♥ Lena - DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing and joining us today at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again next week and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's wonderful to meet you at Pixie's Playground, Pippa! Your snippets card is a delight and your coloring is excellent!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen Letchworth13 June 2015 at 19:38

    You do such an amazing job on your cards, and I'm delighted and blessed to have you share your wonderfully creative art in our challenges. Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great week!
    Blessings,
    karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun holiday-camping scene you've created! My husband and I used to camp with a tent until a few years ago, when I decided sleeping in rain, or snow, or winds, on the ground, just wasn't fun anymore! Give me a vacation rental any day *grin* Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute camping card! This is definitely a great holiday card. Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete