Thursday 18 June 2015

Let's get digital!

A colleague at school will be joining the illustrious 50s club this week. As well as teaching and manning the office she also cleans part of the school. When I came across this image by Polka Doodles I knew I had to use it. (Two digital cards in a row! Don't tell my Copics!)

Materials used:SAM_1766(watermarked)
Polkadoodles Work and Play collection 6 CD
A5 white card blank
printing card
foam pads
tuxedo black memento ink pad


Method:
I printed out the main image 3 times, the duster (made larger) and a sheet of backing paper. I trimmed my base image to size and used the other images to layer up different parts of the image. I fussy cut the large duster. The sentiment was created on my computer,printed out and trimmed to size. I trimmed a piece of the backing paper slightly smaller than the front of the card. Before sticking all the elements onto the card I edged them with the black ink. I used a clipart image to make a small 50 badge and stuck it to her apron.

I decided to go digital for this one mainly because I had a senior moment and thought the birthday was next month! Luckily I spotted my error before it was too late but I did not have time to colour in three images. Precoloured digi images are great when you are in a hurry.

I actually made two cards for the same person. This one is a personal one from me, the other is for all the staff at school to sign. I may get around to blogging that one as well.

Thank you for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter this card into:
Inspiration Destination Anything Goes Challenge 38

5 comments:

  1. Digi-s save the day, don't they? This is just the most perfect one for your specific requirements, and you'd never find a stamp with this just right image! Plus size it just to your needs. It's delightful, and how kind you are to consider your friend with such a thoughtfully chosen and beautifully made card! Hope all is going well for you just now. TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I love the color palette and what a great sentiment! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! Love the layout and coloring of the image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Love the colors you used :)
    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge this week! Hope to see you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card - thanks for joining us at Penny's.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete