Monday 22 June 2015

Path of Postitivity Challenge - Happiness

At this time of the year in the UK the hedgerows and fields are putting on their summer colours. In amongst the blues, yellows, pinks and whites of our native wild flowers there are also large patches of red appearing as the poppies join the party. I know that the poppy is used by the British Legion to mark Remembrance Day but they bloom in the summer and I think of them as a happy summer flower rather than a sombre late autumn one. I love the splashes of colour on my  journey to school and look out for them every year with even more anticipation than looking for the first snowdrops or the first daffodils. When the poppies come out then the end of the academic year is not too far away! (Now that thought definitely makes me happy.)

It just so happens that this month's image from the Outlawz Progressive Freebie Challenge is a wonderful poppy, and it also fits the bill for my sister-in-laws birthday at the end of the week. We met on the first day of secondary school when we were 11 and have been friends ever since, yet another source of happiness!

Materials used:SAM_1768(Watermarked)
Anne's Digital Art - Framed Poppy (visit the Outlawz site for detail (link below)
Stamping card
Centura Pearl card made into an A5 card blank
snippets of red and glossy black card
black seed beads
Britannia flower die
Copic pens
Happy Birthday acrylic stamp
archival black ink pad
corner rounder punch


Method:
I printed out the image to the size I needed and coloured it in with the copic pens, cut it out along the line of the frame, rounded the corners and edged with black ink. I stamped in the birthday greeting with black ink. I cut the red and black mats and rounded the corners of each before layering them up with the image. Using another snippet of red card I die cut the flowers, cut the tops of the petals with the deckle blade on my paper cutter, drew in the black detail lines with a micron pen and stuck them together to make the poppy flower. Before sticking down the poppies I glued in some black seed beads.

SAM_1769(watermarked)I also printed out some smaller versions of the poppy and made them into ATC's.

I've just thought of another 'happiness' from making the card - colouring. I love colouring, it is so therapeutic and helps with the symptoms of my AF, it's just a shame I cannot colour at night when the thumping heart stops me sleeping!

Thank you for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

I almost forgot, if you have something that makes you happy why not visit the Path of Positivity and join in with the challenge. There are plenty of different ways you can enter, just have a look at the information on the blog (link below).

I would like to enter my card into:
The Path of Positivity Challenge # 27 Happiness
The Outlawz Monthly Progressive Freebie Challenge - June
Pixie's Snippets Playground Weeks 181 and 182

3 comments:

  1. Summer is definitely happiness and colouring can definitely lift the spirits. These are gorgeous creations and are perfect for our HAPPINESS theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Path of Positivity DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Pippa! I so enjoyed reading your post about happiness! Your writing is as lovely as your poppies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Pippa. I love that image from Anne and you coloured it masterfully. Congratulations on being in the Top 7 at PoP.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete