Tuesday 9 June 2015

{PIN}spirational Challenge

As a member of Deedee's design team you can opt to provide samples for the challenges she is sponsoring. This month I decided to have a go at something I have never tried before which is to make a card inspired by a picture. It just so happens that Deedee is sponsoring the {PIN}spriational Challenge, the picture provided for inspiration is:

june+9

So I had a good look through Deedee's store and found an image which I thought would work.

Materials used:
Deedee's Digi Stamps - Dog Days of Summer and Hello Spring
Stamps Away Versatile stamp set
stamping card
dark green card stock
white A5 card blank
small butterfly punch
snippet of patterned paper
Copic pens
Adirondak Black Archival ink pad

DSCF9013(watermarked)
Method:
I printed out my image to the desired size and coloured it in with the pens. I also printed out a sheet of the grassy paper from the Hello Spring set. I trimmed my image and matted and layered it up with the printed paper and the green card. I attached my topper to the left side of the card blank and stamped the sentiment onto the card on the right side. The puppy in the image has a bow in 'her' hair but as I wanted a boy to fit in with the photo I had to work out how to disguise the bow. After an unsuccessful attempt to turn it into a bone I finally decided to cover it up with a small butterfly. I punched two butterflies from a snipped of pansy paper left over from a previous project and stuck one over the bow and the other above the stamped sentiment.

My take on the picture is a role reversal but I think it will not be long until he is in the pool with dad! I chose the sentiment because in my mind I see father and son having fun together and enjoying a bit of fun play.

Thanks for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

1 comment: